If this passes and you are in the Redevelopment Area, Your Property Has Been Declared Blighted, and the Placerville Redevelopment Agency (RDA) can use Eminent Domain against you. Full details in the document listed above. NOTE- More Redevelopment plans for all of El Dorado County are in the works. More information will be posted soon.
- Send a letter to Gov. Jerry Brown (click here to link to his web site) / Sample Letter (click here)
Does Placerville really need this roundabout?
- Locals who frequently use this intersection say the stop signs currently in place work well.
- The European design does not fit into the Gold Rush history of Placerville.
- Farmers Market at site will end
- The Druid Monument is in its path
- Construction will impact business nearby. Cozmic Cafe, Tortilla Flats…
- Will final product be pedestrian friendly?
- Public Works Department Planning Commission Staff Report (click here)
- Mountain Democrat article (click here)
- What types of intersections may not be good candidates for roundabouts?
- Roundabouts are not appropriate everywhere… those with highly unbalanced traffic flows (that is, very high traffic volumes on the main street and very light traffic on the side street), and isolated intersections in a network of traffic signals . (source click here) —
- LUMDSEN RANCH DEVELOPMENT
- Planning Commission doc PLACERVILLE%20PLANNING%20COMMISSION
- DEIR DOCUMENT LINK http://www.ceqamap.com/search.php?mode=view&action=view&id=2521