Judge Stracener adopted the tentative ruling as his final ruling:
Here is a link to the tentative ruling: 2017-07-20 1.30pm-Civil tentative ruling
Here is what Measure E may look like after the judge’s ruling:
The Measure E proponents will consult with their legal counsel to determine what their next steps will be.
After much discussion about term limits for El Dorado County Supervisors at the July 27, 2017 Charter Review Committee meeting, we volunteered to poll El Dorado County residents for input.
Please take a few minutes to participate in the poll. You will be asked to log in to your Google account so that you can only take the poll one time.
Having trouble viewing the poll? View it here: https://goo.gl/forms/RFRzvW7lbpPWM4Ui1
Please forward to friends, neighbors, and family.
Save Our County
Measure E was heard in court on July 20, 2017. Prior to the hearing, Judge Warren Stracener released a tentative ruling on July 18, which you can read here: Tentative Ruling on Measure E
Judge Stracener has 30 days to issue his final ruling, which could either accept the tentative ruling as the final ruling or be a different ruling altogether.
Thank you to everyone who has shown their support for Measure E and for holding developers of discretionary projects accountable for paying for their own roads.
Measure E will have its day in court on Thursday, July 20, at 1:30 pm, in the El Dorado Superior Court Department 9, 3321 Cameron Park Dr, Cameron Park, CA 95682. The public is welcome to attend.
Measure E became part of the El Dorado County general plan on July 29, 2016. On the same day the Alliance for Responsible Planning (EDCARP) filed a Petition for Writ of Mandate in order to invalidate the voter approved Measure E.
At the August 30, 2016 Board of Supervisors meeting, County Counsel Mike Ciccozzi explained that it is the Board’s duty to interpret its general plan. Here is his explanation: https://youtu.be/3jgLllGiiFY Despite the explanation that it was their charge to interpret the general plan, including Measure E, Supervisors Novasel, Ranalli, and Veerkamp voted against providing staff with an interpretation of Measure E and how to implement it.
During Open Forum of the June 27, 2017 Board of Supervisors meeting, Planning Commissioner Jon Vegna explained to the Board that their lack of providing an interpretation of Measure E has left the staff, planning commissioners, project proponents, and residents without clarity as to how to implement Measure E. Here is his testimony: https://youtu.be/OeoXGben_ZY
Since Supervisor Ranalli said at the August 30, 2016 meeting – let the courts decide Measure E, we are left to assume they are ignoring the Measure until this case is decided. Measure E has been part of the general plan for almost a year now. Supervisors Novasel, Ranalli, and Veerkamp have been shirking away from their duty to interpret the El Dorado County general plan for a year. The court will not do their job for them. The only thing before the Court is whether or not the Measure is valid, implementing it will still be the responsibility of the Board. Unfortunately the Board is taking the “just sue us” stand, so contributing to the Save Our County Legal Fund would be very much appreciated.
Forwarded from the Green Valley Alliance:
Dear Green Valley corridor residents and supporters:
Please attend this critical meeting of the Board for the final vote on Dixon Ranch. Help show Supervisors that the proposed density increase on this site is unacceptable. If this project & its 605 homes is news to you, visit the GVA page, https://sites.google.com/site/greenvalleyroadalliance/dixon-ranch, then:
- Call the Supervisors to express your concerns: If you or friends in Dist 4 voted for Supervisor Ranalli, please remind him of his campaign promise, memorialized in the 9/18/14 Shingle Springs Community Alliance questionnaire and reiterated on his campaign website:
Call him and ask if you can count on him Feb 14th to retain the designated land use of the Dixon Ranch site as Low Density Residential.
Contact info for Board of Supervisors:
1. John Hidahl, Supervisor District I, (530) 621-5650, firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Shiva Frentzen, Supervisor District II, (530) 621-5651, email@example.com
3. Brian Veerkamp, Supervisor District III, (530) 621-5652, firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Michael Ranalli, Supervisor District IV, (530) 621-6513, email@example.com
5. Sue Novasel, Supervisor District V, (530) 621-6577, firstname.lastname@example.org
Clerk of the Board: email@example.com
- Visit the new Facebook page ‘Stop Dixon Ranch’ (https://www.facebook.com/stopdixonranch/), to share information and connect with others who oppose the project. Please use your social media skills to help spread the word.
February 14th – yep, Valentine’s Day- if approved, this project will set a precedent for other proposals attempting to upzone lower density land and ignore voter approved Measure E. Don’t let this happen. We don’t say this often, but if you are able, take the afternoon off and be there to hold our electeds accountable. Mark your calendars now: 2pm Tues Feb 14th, 2850 Fairlane Ct Bldg C, Placerville
Ellen Van Dyke for Green Valley Alliance
Finally! Someone who wants to be fiscally responsible running for EID and not give away all our resources to large developers. He has our support.
Save Our County
—– Forwarded Message —–
From: Craig A. Schmidt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 16:11:23 -0000 (UTC)
Subject: FixEID.com tops 25,000 visits!
Two quick items:
1. Our www.FixEID.com web site has just topped 25,000 visits. Wow!
2. If you haven’t read the “One Minute News” summaries for June/July, August and September 2016 at www.FixEID.com (i.e. just under my candidate statement), I would like to encourage you to do so. These past four months of EID board meetings have revealed a lot of new/critical information. It will probably take you 3 or 4 minutes (only).
Thanks for all of your support, encouragement and campaign funding. It is truly appreciated 🙂
Please SHARE with your friends and neighbors!
Craig A. Schmidt
Candidate: EID Board, Div. 3
Putting ratepayers first!